July 25 & 26, 2018
8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Governors State University
1 University Parkway, University Park, Illinois
This two-day workshop is designed for administrators and teacher leaders who have foundational knowledge on ACEs and trauma-sensitive schools and who will work with other staff in their districts to strengthen trauma-sensitive classroom practices.
The areas of focus will be:
- Strengthen their understanding of trauma-sensitive schools and the importance of addressing both school culture and classroom practices in meeting the needs of students
- Explore both specific strategies and an ongoing process in development of a repertoire of classroom strategies for individual teachers to use in their own classrooms
- Explore strategies for content/grade level teams or whole schools to adopt implementation of a specific trauma-sensitive practice in a Plan/Do/Study/Act process
- Discuss strategies for implementing provided protocols for use in schools
- Develop a Next Steps Action Plan
$350 per person; $250 per person for Partnership for Resilience Districts in the Southland or Resilient Southern Illinois
Contact Karen Peterson at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.